If you’re new to the egg-in-the-hole enthusiast, this is the mashup to make it happen. A crispy, golden waffle is the ideal basis for a fried egg that runs perfectly. Go for the best eggs (in the truest sense of the word) with the best Eggland cage-free eggs – they contain six times more vitamin D, ten times more vitamin E and more than ordinary eggs. And, bonus: kids can help cut the circles out of the waffles. Make sure to place the waffle cut on the side of the pan to keep it warm while your egg is cooking.
Have you done that already? Let us know how it went in the comments below!
In honor of National Family Meals Month ™ in September, Eggland’s Best is offering families access to easy, nutritious recipes, live cooking demonstrations, free family activities and a chance to win $ 5,000! Fans can visit www.EBFamilySweeps.com from August 31 to October 8 to find out more and to enter the EB Share a Better Family Meal competition!
Read more +
Read less –
Advertising – Read below
all-purpose unbleached flour
1 1/2 c.
finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more to sprinkle
Freshly ground black pepper
Buttermilk, room temperature
unsalted butter, melted
Extra virgin olive oil
chopped chives (optional)
This module for purchasing ingredients is created and managed by a third party and imported onto this page. You may find more information on this and similar content on their website.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, Parmigiano Reggiano, baking powder, baking powder, ¾ teaspoon of salt and ¾ teaspoon of pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the buttermilk, butter and 2 eggs until smooth. Pour dry ingredients into wet ones and stir until just combined; It’s okay if there are a few small lumps.
- Heat up the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray the heated waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour a generous amount of batter (about 1 cup) into the center of the iron. Close the iron and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Place on a wire rack or plate and keep warm. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Using a small glass or cookie cutter, cut a hole in the center of each waffle (about 2 ½ inches wide). Remove the circle and set it aside.
- Preheat a large non-stick pan on medium heat. Add a waffle. Pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the center hole, then immediately beat an egg into the hole. Season with salt and pepper. Set the middle piece of waffle aside in the pan to warm it up. Cover the pan and cook until the egg whites are cooked through and the yolks are runny, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining waffles.
- To serve, sprinkle with chives, more Parmigiano-Reggiano and more pepper. Drizzle with maple syrup, serve and enjoy!
This content is created and maintained by a third party and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may find more information on this and similar content at piano.io
Advertising – Read below
Google News Source * www.delish.com – * Source link
Sales: Madewell, Misen, Bala, West Elm, KVD Beauty 2021
Newsom’s California recall win won’t roll over to 2022
Leafs, Sabers compete outdoors for NHL’s 6th Heritage Classic
The enormous economic interests behind Joe Biden’s vaccination mandate
The National Book Awards 2021 longlist: Poetry
“I wonder if I’ll miss the moss” by Jane Mead
Texas Republicans have returned to the state’s dress code for women
The return of the great white sharks to Cape Cod
The 11 Best Hard Selters to Drink in 2021
Ida Aftermath Floods New York City: Updates
Afghan Afghanistan Andrew Biden Bidens Big Black CBD City Cocktail COVID Cuomo Day Delta Democrats Die drink Favorite Featured game gold home House Media Olympic Olympics Recipe Report Republicans review sale Sales strategist summer TechCrunch Texas Tokyo Trump vaccine watch week White world York Yorker